Friday, July 21, 2023

AITAH for telling my sister she is the reason why her son is in the Intensive care unit and probably going to die?

My 21F and my sister 30F has a 9M who has asthma which is pretty controlled, anyways my sister is kinda bigoted she’s one of those who believe that vaccines could cause strokes and autism and some stupid BS.

When she took her son about a month ago to the pediatrician he strongly suggest that he take a prophylactic vaccines to avoid any complications of his asthma and my sister refused and said she’s afraid that it would “ cause autism” anyways.

The days went by until 5 days ago my nephew caught a respiratory tract infection and it kept getting worse that lead him to being in a septic shock and had to go to the ICU also his oxygenation saturation was low and condition kept deteriorate.

When i went to the hospital i found her crying so hard after the doctor told her that his prognosis is pretty bad

and it really really pissed me off and said wow you really have the nerve to cry when YOU’RE the one who caused all this with your ignorance and if you followed his pediatrician advice then none of this will happened and if he dies which probably is going to happen based on the doctors opinions there is no one to blame but yourself.

My mom immediately pulled my arm and started yelling at me for being “ insensitive bitch and i was AH for saying such thing in this time” but i believe shes the reason and i didn’t say anything wrong So aitah?

Edit: since many people are asking, the doctor didn’t explicitly said that he is in the icu because he didn’t take his prophylactic vaccines but

“he caught pneumonia and it exaggerated his condition” also part of the prophylactic vaccines for asthmatic patients is pneumonia vaccine so it isn’t really hard to connect the dots.

submitted by /u/ResponsibleSand5888x to r/AITAH
[link] [comments]

from popular links https://ift.tt/uWjJSTp
 AITAH for telling my sister she is the reason why her son is in the Intensive care unit and probably going to die?

0 comments:

Post a Comment