Sunday, April 26, 2020

Ask HN: I want to share files from the screen lock of my phone

I'm living in a country where I have to show documents to policemen because they restrict movements because of the flu COVID19. The easiest way is to generate a PDF from a state website.

I'm doing the same thing when I go to the cinema or when I take the train: I show or give my phone to allow the entitled person to check a PDF or a barcode that proves I am allowed to be here.

When I do that my phone is unlocked.

Police, robbers can steal my unlocked phone when I do that.

Stupid joke but if Julian Assange needs to show a barcode when he goes to the cinema, he needs to present his unlocked phone to a stranger.

I'm not Assange, but today I felt very stupid when a city policeman (not a state policeman) asked me for my document when I was in the street with my wife and kids. I didn't trust him because he was obviously a city security guard and not a policeman, I asked if he had the authorization to perform this check, but in the end I gave him my unlocked phone to allow him to check my document (everything was OK according to the law).

Conclusion: I need an app to share only some selected files from the screen lock.

When I take the train, I need to "share" for some hours my traveling documents to this app, it will allow me to pass the barcode scanners without unlocking my phone.

I think the HN people might consider this coding opportunity.


Comments URL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22991533

Points: 1

# Comments: 0



from Hacker News: Newest https://ift.tt/2Y7Kfg1

0 comments:

Post a Comment